THE CAMPAIGN TO SAVE MT CANOBOLAS SCA FROM BECOMING AN INTERNATIONAL MOUNTAIN BIKING CENTRE HAS REACHED A CRITICAL MOMENT. NICK KING, PRESIDENT OF ENVIRONMENTALLY CONCERNED CITIZENS OF ORANGE HAS ISSUED THE FOLLOWING URGENT APPEAL.
Dear Friend of Mount Canobolas.
At a meeting of the Orange City Council Environmental Sustainability Committee meeting on Friday (9 August 2019) we were informed by the acting General Manager that the Minister may be in a position to sign off on the Draft Plan of Management for the Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area within the month. As many of you will know, the Minister has inspected the mountain at the invitation of the Mayor in company with an entourage of those who support the mountain bike track. The Minister needs to know that there is massive opposition to the mountain bike trail on Mount Canobolas. We can express this by jamming his email box with emails requesting/demanding that he does not sign off on the Mount Canobolas Plan of Management while it allows for the construction of a mountain bike track.
- An acknowledgement that you are aware of the Minister’s visit and a hope that he has become aware of how important and unique is the SCA.
- An account of your own personal connection with the mountain and what it means to you
- An acknowledgement of the ecological significance of the SCA and the threat a mountain bike track poses to it
- A clear statement about what you require from the Minister. i.e. not to sign off on the POM.
- Any other argument you think is pertinent.
- You don’t have to write reams. What we would like is a volume of letters opposing the mountain bike track and urging the Minister not to sign off on the POM .
To email the Minister please access the link below: Press Control click to open the link below.